Friday's Activity

  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/file.inc on line 649.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/file.inc on line 649.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/file.inc on line 649.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.

This Friday, the team went to Tracy Vega's house for a team building activity, with Tracy's horses in her arena.  We had a variety of challenges, first was to put a bareback pad on one of the horses.  We split up into several combinations of brains and limbs to accomplish the task.  The key was that the brains couldn't do, and the limbs couldn't think or speak.  So the brains had to tell the hands what to do, in order to acomplish the task at hand.  We were all like a robot, in the sense that the brains would control the arms to do the mission.  After that, we moved on to a different task.  We had to get one horse from point A to point B, but without touching the horse, or talking to eachother, so we learned the basics of how to move horses in this way, in preperation for the next activity.  The 3rd task was to create an obsticle course which we had to move both horses, one at a time, through the obsticles, and into a square on the oposite side of the arena.  This was difficult because on top of not being able to touch the horses or talk, we had to make them go through the correct path, and keep it in line, since there were no walls.  The horse stopped at one the obsticles; we were all doing different things, and the horse got confused.  It took us a while to find an idea that worked, and the horse went over the log and into the square.  After that was all done, the team discussed what happened, and why.  We also talked about how it related to our project, and our robot.  Thank you to Tracy (and the horses) for a wonderful activity!

Powered by Drupal - Design by artinet