Al's blog

  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/file.inc on line 649.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/file.inc on line 649.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/file.inc on line 649.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2009/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.

Monday Meeting

Today, we started the day with presentation as usual, rehersing our skit and discussing Q&A.  We found some good things to correct, and did so.  After that, we had lunch and than moved on to table runs.  During our practice runs, we got 3 400 point scores out of 8 rounds.  We practiced what to do at the table, and how to encourage the table runners and other teams.  After that, I worked on documenting a program I had written, with help from Andrew.  For the rest of the day we worked on presentation.

Monday Meeting

Today, we started the day with presentation as usual, rehersing our skit and discussing Q&A.  We found some good things to correct, and did so.  After that, we had lunch and than moved on to table runs.  During our practice runs, we got 3 400 point scores out of 8 rounds.  We practiced what to do at the table, and how to encourage the table runners and other teams.  After that, I worked on documenting a program I had written, with help from Andrew.  For the rest of the day we worked on presentation.

Monday's Meeting

This monday we started off by working on the table and different attachment ideas.  We split up into teams, and came up with an idea and worked with it.  Some of the ideas were to have a box that the robot could push out until it hit the wall, with all the loops inside of it, and than the robot would come back to base, and send a retrieving arm out to bring the box and loops back to base.  We also had an idea of a spring loaded arm that, once we got to the right place, would swing out and capture all the loops and pin them there.  After lunch, we started on the presentat Click here to read more

Evo 5.??

We were having some problems with the latest robot, Evo 4.  I spent a while fixing, and rebuilding certain parts of this robot.  The problem was that with the new robot design, (with the brain and arm further forward), caused the robot's center of gravity to shift too far forward, and it could not turn and drive when attachments were added.  I shifted the arm motor back by a few spaces, and did the same with the brain.  I also rebuilt a bit of the chassis, to incorperate secure attachment places for the arm.  I am happy with the outcome, and as always, I learned even more about building robots!

Monday Meeting

Today I worked on the new robot, I had gotten the base and most of the arm done last week, but I ended up rebuilding the whole arm attachment, and I attached it much stronger to the chasis, and put on the actual arm as well.

District Qualifying Competition

This Sunday was the District Qualifying Competition at Sierra Hills School.  It was a good competition, I saw lots of good ideas and good teams.  We were one of the 5 teams to go on to regional competition.  Great job team!

Monday Meeting

This monday we talked about how we did at the competition, and talked about how to get 400 10 out of 10 times.  I started on a new robot, and got the base done.  This robot has a different wheel base system, and is a lot stronger.  I also thought of some ways to make the robot shorter and narrower.  It was a good meeting, and I am exited to be going on to regional competition!

Presentation to county officials

Wednesday we went to the Auburn Domes to present our idea to Supervisor Montgomery along with a few other officials.  We showed our presentation on EARTH, and answered question about our idea.  They had some good suggestions and questions, and it was very helpful for the team to see what we need to change.  Thank you to Jennifer Montgomery and everyone who was there!

 

Powered by Drupal - Design by artinet